Using ProxyTrace to Troubleshoot the Outlook Plug-In
This article makes use of a tool called ProxyTrace available from PocketSOAP. The ProxyTrace tool allows us to view the XML data transferred between the Outlook plug-in and your SugarCRM server.
Steps to Complete
Capturing the exchange of information between Outlook and Sugar is fairly simple:
- Download the ProxyTrace tool to your client machine (the same machine running Outlook).
- Extract the zip file to a directory (e.g. C:ProxyTrace).
- Double click proxyTrace.exe.
- Set the "Listen on Port #" to an unused port (e.g. 81).
- Click "OK".
- Open Outlook (the Outlook plug-in should already be installed).
- Navigate to Tools > Sugar Options.
- Click the Advanced Tab.
- Check the box for Use proxy Server.
- Leave the Username and Password fields blank.
- Enter 127.0.0.1 as the URL.
Note: Use your fully qualified IP address if your SugarCRM instance is running on the same machine as Outlook
- Set the Port field to the port configured in step 4 (81).
- Click Test Settings You should see "Test Successful: Proxy settings passed".
- Switch to the proxyTrace window.
- Notice the list of entries in the left-hand column.
Note: Each entry represents a request from the Outlook plug-in to your SugarCRM server.
- Select one of the entries.
- The right-hand side of the window shows the request and response for the selected entry.
Note: The top portion is the request and the bottom portion is the response.
The request and response data can be helpful in troubleshooting unusual Outlook plug-in issues.
Last modified: 2018-06-05 15:57:27