MS Outlook Plug-in Release Notes 2.6.0
This document describes any feature enhancements, as well as fixed and/or known issues for the Sugar Plug-in for Microsoft Outlook 2.6.0. For information about supported versions of Outlook, refer to the Plug-ins Supported Platforms.
The following feature enhancements are included in this release of the Sugar Plug-in for Microsoft Outlook:
- Configurations : The following configurations have been added:
- Auto-archive emails for known contacts and leads : You may now enable auto-archiving for all incoming and outgoing emails if the email is received from a contact or lead or if the email has a Sugar lead or contact in its recipient list (i.e. To:, CC:).
- Create account when creating contact : Select whether the plug-in should automatically create an account when a synced Outlook contact has an unrecognized account for its company name.
- Sync all Outlook categories : Select whether to add all of an email's Outlook categories to Sugar as tags or only sync the Sugar category as a tag on the email record.
- Mail tab : A "Mail" tab has been added to the configuration window. All email archiving and email attachment options have been moved to this tab.
- Data Privacy category : If a data erasure in Sugar includes the Last Name and Email Address fields, the plug-in will now apply a "Data Privacy" category to the Outlook contact record in addition to permanently disabling the sync for the corresponding Outlook contact.
- Installation logger : Debug logging capability has been added to the installation package.
- Relating many records to a new Sugar record : You may now choose to relate many records at once via the "Relate" button when creating a new Sugar record (e.g., a new contact) from Outlook.
- Selecting teams when archiving emails : You may now optionally select the email record's teams when archiving an email from Outlook.
The following issues have been resolved in this release of the Sugar Plug-in for Microsoft Outlook. Case Portal users can use the following links for more details about each issue:
- 81144 : Syncing records from Outlook to Sugar may fail when no previously synced records are included in the current sync.
- 81108 : Uninstalling previous versions of the plug-in with the "Do you want to keep the settings and plugin data" option set to "Yes" does not preserve the username and password after installing version 2.5 or higher of the plug-in. Users will need to re-enter their Sugar credentials after upgrading to version 2.6.0.
- 80826 : When a record's email address capitalization differs between Outlook and Sugar, the plug-in is unable to add the record as an attendee to meetings being synced from Outlook to Sugar.
- 80602, 80213 : Emails archived to multiple records may only retain their link to the most recent record.
- 80186 : Phone numbers formatted with periods cannot be added to Sugar records being created via the plug-in.
Last modified: 2020-08-10 16:47:40