MS Outlook Plug-in Release Notes 2.4.0
This document describes any feature enhancements, as well as fixed and known issues for the Sugar Plug-in for Microsoft Outlook 2.4.0. For information about supported versions of Outlook, refer to the Plug-ins Supported Platforms.
The following feature enhancements are included in this release of the Sugar Plug-in for Microsoft Outlook:
- Side Panel : The following enhancements have been implemented for the side panel:
- The side panel is now available in the People, Calendar, and Tasks views to display key information for synced records.
- Lead records can now be created via the Mail view side panel.
- Specific subpanels now allow you to relate new records to the current record via the Plus icon.
- The Emails subpanel is now available to display related emails.
- Users can now load additional related records or close the subpanel back to the default view using the Up and Down arrows in the subpanel.
- Create relationships during sync : Users can now relate Outlook contacts, calls, meetings, and tasks to Sugar records via the "Mark to Sync and Relate" and "Save, Mark to Sync and Relate" options.
- Duplicate check : Duplicate check is performed across all modules where new Sugar records can be created via Outlook.
- Relate Sugar account to new leads : Users now have the option to search and select an existing account record when creating leads in Outlook.
- Lookup Sugar Address option for calls and meetings : The Lookup Sugar Address option now allows users to search and select Sugar contacts and leads as invitees to calls or meetings.
- Sugar category sync : The Sugar category syncs to the Sugar record's Tags field on the initial sync from Outlook to Sugar.
- Automatic sync option time frames : Additional time frames (1, 2, 3, and 5 minutes) have been added to the "Automatically sync every" option in the General tab of SugarCRM Plug-in Settings.
- Logging level and Log writer type options : Users can now specify the logging level (e.g. Fatal, Error) to be captured in the log as well as select the log writer type (e.g. File, Windows event log).
- Option to upload SSL certificate : The Outlook plug-in can now connect to Sugar with your own SSL certificate by uploading the file via the Advanced tab in SugarCRM Plug-in Settings.
- Ignore Sugar modules visibility settings : Users can enable this option in order to have modules which are hidden in Sugar be displayed in the Outlook plug-in.
The following issues have been resolved in this release of the Sugar Plug-in for Microsoft Outlook. Support Portal users can use the following links for more details about each issue:
- 64085 : The automatic sync process between Outlook and Sugar may cause unexpected behavior.
- 76279 : Modules (e.g. Contacts) that are hidden in Sugar may display in Outlook.
- 77688 : When syncing Outlook activities (e.g. meetings) that have empty files attached, the attachment may not sync to Sugar as expected.
- 78687 : Meetings containing single quotes in the subject may not sync to Outlook as expected and result in an error.
The following are known issues in this release of the Sugar Plug-in for Microsoft Outlook. Support portal users can use the following links for more details about each issue:
- 79004 : The archive email options on the create form are not active when creating records via subpanels in the Mail view.
Last modified: 2018-09-26 00:09:11