This Developer Policy ("Policy") provides rules and guidelines for developers who interact with SugarCRM's ecosystem of applications, services, website, web pages, and content. It is part of your agreement with SugarCRM governing access to and use of the SugarCRM APIs, SDKs, sandboxes, and source code (either as part of the Developer License Agreement or other written agreement with SugarCRM). Policy violations are considered violations of your agreement. This Policy may be changed from time to time without notice.
Do not use or share the Sugar products or Developer Tools for any purpose other than the explicit purpose identified in the written agreement between you and Sugar.
Use Supported Platforms Only
For any Sugar development that happens outside of SugarCloud, it is essential that you are building your software and deploying it to customers running on one of our published Supported Platforms. The set of supported platforms changes with every new release so it is important to keep any development, test, and production environments that you are responsible for up to date with the latest supported platforms.
Protect SugarCRM Intellectual Property and Trademarks
Unless SugarCRM has given you explicit written permission to do so, you are not allowed to do any of the following when you are configuring, customizing, or modifying this Sugar product:
- Do not remove or alter any SugarCRM or Sugar copyright, trademark, or proprietary notices that appear in the Sugar products.
- Do not "fork" the Sugar software (e.g., take a copy of source code from this product and start independent development on it, creating a distinct and separate piece of software).
- Do not modify, remove, or disable any portion of SugarCRM's "Critical Control Software."
- Do not combine or use the Sugar products with any code that is licensed under a prohibited license (e.g., AGPL, GPL v3, Creative Commons, or another similar license that would "taint" the Sugar products and require you to share the source code for this product with a third party).
- Do not use any part of the Sugar products for the purpose of building a competitive product or service or copying its features or user interface.
Do not share any part of the Sugar products with a competitor of Sugar.
Treat SugarCloud with Respect
The SugarCloud is a shared environment that countless many people rely on every day and as such needs to be treated with respect. Anyone using our SugarCloud services is required to abide by our SugarCloud Policy Guide. Developers have a special responsibility to make sure your custom code and integrations operate within the limits of SugarCloud since your solutions are often used by many SugarCloud customers.
Any code found to be violating our SugarCloud policy can be removed and banned from SugarCloud.
Requirements for SugarOutfitters Add-Ons
For plug-ins or integrations that are published as SugarOutfitters Add-Ons, developers are required to follow the SugarOutfitters Package Guidelines for any Module Loadable Packages (MLPs) that you create. These guidelines ensure that your MLPs can be safely, securely, and reliably installed into Sugar customer environments where other customizations may exist.
Add-Ons that fail to follow the SugarOutfitters Package guidelines can be removed and banned from SugarOutfitters and can be removed and banned from SugarCloud.