Integrating With DocuSign for End Users
Sugar's Connector for DocuSign® allows users to request signatures on documents directly from Sugar records. This article covers enabling the connector for individual user accounts in Sugar. For information about using the connector, please refer to the DocuSign Integration page in the Application Guide.
- Before users can connect their DocuSign accounts to Sugar, an admin user must complete the initial, system-wide DocuSign connector configuration as explained in the Integrating With DocuSign for Admins article.
- Individual users must have a DocuSign account to connect to their Sugar user profiles. You should avoid using a free DocuSign account since there is a limitation to the number of envelopes you can send with a free account. Please refer to the DocuSign website for more information on the different types of accounts.
Steps to Complete
Once an administrator has configured the DocuSign connector for the instance, individual users can connect their Sugar accounts to DocuSign via their user profiles. Please note that admin users can also do this for users via Admin > User Management. For more information on admins connecting users to external accounts, please refer to the User Management documentation.
Use the following steps to activate the DocuSign connector for your user account via your Sugar profile:
- Click the user profile image on the upper right of Sugar and select "Profile".
- Click the Edit button then click "Create" on the External Accounts tab.
- Select "DocuSign" in the Application field then click the Connect button.
Note: If the DocuSign option is not available in the Application field, the DocuSign connector may not have been configured properly via Admin > Connectors. Please reach out to your Sugar administrator to ensure that the system's connection to DocuSign is set up. For more information on configuring the connector, please refer to the Integrating With DocuSign for Admins article.
- After clicking "Connect", a pop-up window will appear. DocuSign's login screen will appear inside the pop-up if you are not already logged in to your DocuSign account in the active browser window. Sign in to DocuSign. Please note that the browser's pop-up blocker must be disabled prior to clicking "Connect" to ensure that the pop-up window appears. If the pop-up window was blocked, you will have to delete the external account and re-create it.
Note: The DocuSign login may not appear if you are not already logged into your DocuSign account in the active browser window.
The DocuSign application is now connected to your Sugar user account and will appear under your profile's External Accounts tab. For more information about working with DocuSign in your Sugar instance, please refer to the DocuSign Integration page in the Application Guide for your Sugar product.