The Events module allows you to track and manage event engagement for in-person and webinar event sessions created in Sugar Market. From the Events module, you can configure session details, participants, and communications.
Preparing for Your Event
To prepare for your event we recommend completing the following setup steps:
- Creating a Form
- Creating Email Templates
- Integrating GoToWebinar
- Pushing Event Data to External CRMs
Creating a Form
Sugar Market forms can be used to register participants for your event session. Once your form and event are created you will need to connect them to register participants, the form can then be embedded on a page and shared with participants.
To connect a form to your event:
- During the Basic step of the form builder set the Form Type to "Event" and select your event.
- If your event only contains one session, add a hidden field to your form. If your event contains more than one session, add either a radio or dropdown field.
- Turn on the Map to Event Sessions option within the field settings.
- Set a Field Name.
Note: When setting the Field name do not use any special characters. Special characters may cause issues connecting the form to your event session.
- Apply the field settings.
Creating Email Templates
With each event session, you can trigger unique email templates for four different email communication types: Registration Confirmation, Follow-Up to Participants That Attended, Follow-Up to Participants That Did Not Attend, and Reminder to Registered Participants. For more information on creating email templates, please see the
Note: Event trigger emails can only use email templates created in Email Builder.
If you are creating a webinar event session you will need to sync to GoToWebinar. Before being able to sync with GoToWebinar you will need to integrate your account to Sugar Market. To do so you will need to set up a source, for more information regarding Setting Sources, please see the Sugar Market Settings and Preferences page.
Push Event Data to External CRMs
If you have an integrated external CRM event data can be pushed through the sync to Sugar Market.
To enable the sync:
- From the user menu, click "Admin".
- In the CRM Administrator section, within the External Connectors tab, click your external [CRM Name].
- Within the Push Data section of the external CRMs settings check the box to enable the sync to push event data.
Note: The integration to Bullhorn does not support pushing event data.
Creating Your Event
An event is used to group event sessions and connect them to other objects like forms and pages. To create an event:
- Click the open button at the top of the navigation bar to view all available modules.
- Click the Events module.
- From the Events list view, click the Create button.
- From the Create Event pop-up, set a name for your event and select which folder the event will be saved in.
- Click the Create button.
Creating An Event Session
Once you have created your event you can create sessions for the event. To create an event session:
- Click the Create new session button from the event edit view.
- To create additional event sessions click the Add Session button.
- Select the Session Type.
- Complete the required fields. When creating a Webinar event session type you will select the GoToWebinar session to sync to.
Configuring Your Event Session
Once you have created an event session you can begin configuring the details of your session. Session details are divided into sections which can be expanded and collapsed as needed.
Only the fields that affect the behavior of your event sessions are outlined below. All other fields are used only as merge tags. Fields associated with a merge tag allow you dynamically pull the field's value into your event session trigger emails. To copy a field merge tag, click the tag icon next to the field.
The General Information section contains fields used to set the status, start/end time, and the max amount of participants allowed.
|Session Name||The name of the event session. This value is used in the subject line of event session trigger emails|
The status of the event session. The value selected will cause the following behavior:
|Time Zone||The time zone for the start/end time and trigger email send times of your event session|
|Start Time||The start time of the event session|
|End Time||The end time of the event session|
|Max Amount of Participants||The maximum amount of participants that can be enrolled in the event session. Once the maximum amount of participants have enrolled the session will be hidden on pages with a connected form|
Webinar/Dial In Details
The Webinar/Dial In Details section contains fields that can be used to share call and webinar information.
|Webinar Software||For Webinar event sessions, this will display the name of the webinar software syncing with the event session|
Location and Time
The fields in the Location and Time section are used as merge tags to share specific location and time details in your event session trigger emails.
The fields in the Calendar Invite section are used to share a calendar event for your event session.
|Outlook Calendar Invitation||A dynamic Outlook calendar event that can be shared with participants. The title of the event will be the Session Name field value|
|Google Calendar Invitation||A dynamic Google calendar event that can be shared with participants. The title of the event will be the Session Name field value|
|In-Calendar App Reminder||When enabled this will generate a reminder in the participant's calendar application if they have added the calendar event. Note: This feature only functions for certain Outlook calendar applications|
|Invite Text||Texted added to this field will be displayed in the calendar event description text|
|Participant Join URL||For webinar event sessions this link is synced from GoToWebinar and can be shared with participants so they can join the webinar|
The Emails section is used to configure trigger emails so you can automate your communications to participants. Session event trigger emails use Email Builder email templates. To enable a session trigger email:
- Complete the Session Emails Setup fields. The value you set for the Subject field will be combined with additional text based on the email type. For example, if you set the Subject value to "Summer Event" the full subject for the Registration Confirmation email would be "Registration Confirmation for Summer Event". You can view a preview for each email type subject below the email type title.
Note: Once the Registration Confirmation email is enabled the Session Emails Setup fields can no longer be edited.
- For the "Follow-Up To Participants That Did Not Attend" and "Reminder to Registered Participants" trigger email types, select the Time Amount, Unit of Time, and Send Time.
- Select the email template to be sent for the specific email type. Newly created templates may not immediately appear as an option in the Email Template fields, you can click the Refresh Email Templates button to refresh the options.
- Check the Enable Email Sending checkbox and click the Send button after reviewing the confirmation message.
Note: Once the Registration Confirmation email is enabled it cannot be disabled.
Once an email type is enabled for sending it has specific send conditions that control when the email is sent and to which participants:
|Trigger Email Type||Participant Status||Send Time|
|Follow-Up to Participants That Attended||Attended||After the session end time|
|Follow-Up to Participants That Did Not Attend||Registered||At the set date and time|
|Reminder to Registered Participants||Registered||At the set date and time|
Activating your Event
Once your event session is configured you can change your Event Status, in the General Information section, to Active to allow participants to register. For more information on managing participants, please see the Managing Participants page. For more information on managing existing events, please see the Managing Events page.