Setting up Access to the Case Portal
Every SugarCRM customer is allowed at least one support-authorized contact, dependent on their purchased level of support. Only support-authorized contacts may submit cases to Sugar Support via the case portal. This article covers how a support-authorized contact can create an online account with SugarCRM and get set up for case portal access.
Steps to Complete
Please follow the steps in the following sections to enable access to the case portal.
Creating a SugarCRM.com Account
- Click the Log In button on the top of the SugarCRM Support site.
- Click "Register" on the login page to create a new account.
- Complete the required fields on the registration form then click "Create Account".
- Check your email for your account activation link. Click the link in the email to view your SugarCRM.com account profile.
Adding Case Portal Access to Your SugarCRM.com Account
- Once you are logged in with your SugarCRM.com account, click the Support link at the top of the page.
- Click "Case Portal" on the navigation bar or in the user dropdown menu to access the Case Portal.
- Complete the online form to request access to the case portal. You will need to select the product (e.g. Sugar Serve, Sugar Market) purchased from SugarCRM and enter your subscription key which can be found in your Sugar instance via Admin > License Management. You must have administrator access in Sugar in order to view and obtain this key. Please reach out to your system administrator if you need further assistance.
Note: For Sugar Market customers, the subscription key is not required so the Account Name field must be completed instead.
- Click "Register" to send your case portal activation request to the Sugar Support team. Your case portal account will be enabled within one to two business days from submission, and you will be notified via a case email when it has been set up.
Note: If your case portal account is not yet enabled and you need urgent assistance with your Sugar application, please send an email to email@example.com.
For more information on creating cases via the case portal, please refer to the Using the Case Portal article.
Troubleshooting Your Case Portal Account
If you have an existing case portal account but have issues logging in, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be more than happy to assist you.
If you forget your password, just click the "Forgot Your Password?" link on the login page. Enter the email address that you have registered with SugarCRM.com. We will send you a link to reset your password.
Last modified: 2020-07-10 18:49:57