Moving Log Files to Their Own Folders
When locking down file and folder permissions, it can be helpful to move Sugar log files to their own folder. Sugar, by default, writes log files to the root directory; it also rotates log files when they reach a certain size (10 MB). For this to function properly Sugar needs permission to create and modify files in the root folder. Some system administrators may not want to allow create and modify permissions on the root folder.
Note: The steps listed below apply to Sugar 5.1.0 and later versions. To address this situation you can create a dedicated "log" folder with the required permissions.
Steps to Complete
- Create a new folder named "log" in the SugarCRM root directory
- Grant the required permissions for this folder to the web server user
- Login as an admin user to SugarCRM
- Navigate to Admin > System Settings
- Scroll to the bottom of the page
- Set "Log File Name" to "log/sugarcrm"
- Click Save
Sugar will now write log files to the log folder. For more information regarding setting file and folder permissions please refer to the following articles:
Last modified: 2016-08-30 18:10:02