Using Hint With Your Sugar Customizations
Note: This article applies to on-site customers; Hint package installation and upgrade is handled by SugarCRM for cloud customers. For information on installing, upgrading, and uninstalling Hint for on-site instances, refer to the Hint Installation and Administration Guide.
Upgrading and Uninstalling Hint on Sugar 8.0.x and Lower
Use the following steps to protect your customizations when uninstalling the Hint package:
- Back up any files from the following list which contain non-Hint customizations:
- The following files will also be deleted by the Hint uninstall process. However, these files are automatically generated by Sugar and will be regenerated after their removal. If you have customized these files without customizing their sources, you may also wish to back them up:
- Uninstall the Hint package from Module Loader.
- Restore the backed up files to their respective directories.
- If you are upgrading Hint to a newer release, follow the instructions in the Installing Hint section.
When it is installed, the Hint package merges changes to the following files. If you have other customizations in these files, it is recommended to back them up prior to installing the Hint package.
Use the following steps to protect your customizations when installing the Hint package:
- Back up any of the following files which contain non-Hint customizations:
- Install the Hint package via Module Loader.
- Verify that your customizations still appear in the affected files and function as expected in the instance. If not, you may need to manually merge your customizations from your backup files to the ones in the instance.
Last modified: 2019-04-18 17:03:23