Integrating With Microsoft for End Users
Sugar's Microsoft connector allows users to connect to the Microsoft API Services via OAuth2 to send outbound emails, receive inbound emails, or access Microsoft OneDrive in the Cloud Drive dashlet. This article covers enabling the connector for user accounts for both email and OneDrive use.
- Before users may connect their Microsoft accounts to Sugar, an admin user must complete the initial, system-wide Microsoft connector configuration as explained in the Integrating With Microsft for Admins article.
- Individual users must have their own Microsoft accounts to connect to their Sugar user profiles.
Steps to Complete to use Microsoft Email
To use their email accounts for outgoing emails, end users must authenticate their email account in the Emails module. See the Emails documentation in the Application Guide for full details. Note that authenticating your account in Profile > External Accounts does not allow you to access your email in the Emails module.
Steps to Complete to use Microsoft OneDrive
To use their OneDrive accounts in the Cloud Drive dashlet, end users must authenticate their account in Profile > External Accounts. Note that authenticating your account in the Emails module does not allow you to access OneDrive.
Once an administrator has configured the Microsoft connector for the instance, individual users can connect their Sugar accounts to Microsoft via their user profiles. Please note that admin users can also do this for users via Admin > User Management. For more information on admins connecting users to external accounts, please refer to the User Management documentation.
Use the following steps to activate the Microsoft connector for your user account via your Sugar profile:
- Click the user profile image at the top right of Sugar and select "Profile".
- Click the Edit button to edit your profile.
- Click on the External Accounts tab and then click "Create".
- Select "Microsoft" in the Application field then click the Connect button.
Note: If the Microsoft option is not available in the Application field, the Microsoft connector may not have been configured properly via Admin > Connectors. Please ask your Sugar administrator to check the system's connection to Microsoft. For more information on configuring the connector, please refer to the Integrating With Microsoft for Admins article.
- After clicking "Connect", a pop-up window will appear. Follow the instructions in the pop-up to grant permission for the connection to occur. Microsoft's login screen may appear inside the pop-up if you are not already logged in to your Microsoft account in the active browser window. Simply enter your credentials and then click "Allow" in the next window. Please note that the browser's pop-up blocker must be disabled prior to clicking "Connect" to ensure that the pop-up window appears. If the pop-up window was blocked, you will have to delete the external account and re-create it.
The Microsoft application is now connected to your Sugar user account and should appear under your profile's External Accounts tab. You can now access your OneDrive account in the Cloud Drive dashlet.
Last modified: 2022-04-13 19:51:16