Sugar Serve 12.2 (Q4 2022) Release Notes
This document describes the changes and functionality available in Sugar® Serve 12.2.0 (Q4 2022). Sugar 12.2.0 is only available for SugarCloud (Sugar-hosted SaaS) deployments.
For information about any changes to existing functionality in this release, you can also refer to the What to Expect When Upgrading to 12.2 article.
The following feature enhancements are included in Sugar Serve 12.2.0 (Q4 2022):
- New Report Dashlet (formerly "Saved Reports Chart Dashlet")
- Revamped and renamed: The Saved Reports Chart Dashlet has been renamed "Report Dashlet" and updated to include several helpful features represented in a tabbed view.
- Reports without charts available: The new Report Dashlet can display reports without charts in addition to those with charts. Previously only reports with charts were available.
- Data table on dashlet: Data tables are now available on your dashlet so that you can toggle between viewing your data as a chart (if available for the report) and a table.
- Runtime filters on dashlet: Use your report runtime filters to adjust the report results from the dashlet view while you work.
- Customizable view: Decide whether to show the chart, data table, or filters by default so that the information you need is readily available.
- Filter by current record: Filter the dashlet by the current record so that your dashlet is context-aware when used on a record view or Focus Drawer dashboard.
- Charts in scheduled reports: Reports that contain charts in Sugar will have their chart included in the scheduled report email.
- Report embedded in email body: You can now embed a report's data table and chart directly into the body of a scheduled report email.
Metric tabs: The results in the Service Console's list view can now be divided further into configurable, filtered tabs that allow your users to work through a subset of cases in a filtered and prioritized order.
- DocuSign templates: You can now use saved templates from DocuSign during envelope creation for ease and speed of use.
- DocuSign recipients: Send DocuSign envelopes to one or many recipients from within Sugar so that you do not have to populate them in DocuSign manually.
- DocuSign and SugarBPM: You may now use SugarBPM processes to send envelopes via DocuSign to automate signing workflows.
- DocuSign from Cloud Drive dashlet: You can now send a document to DocuSign for electronic signature directly from the Cloud Drive dashlet.
- Doc Merge and SugarBPM: You may send a merged document to selected email addresses via SugarBPM to eliminate manual sending.
- Doc Merge from Cloud Drive dashlet: You can now initiate a doc merge from the Cloud Drive dashlet so that the merged document will be uploaded to the folder displayed in your Cloud Drive dashlet after completion.
- Doc Merge performance improvements: Doc Merge now retrieves data from cached Sugar data, resulting in improved performance times during document merges.
- Focus drawer available from report drill-through results: The Focus icon, which can be clicked to reveal the Focus Drawer dashboard, has been added to the filtered list view results when drilling through report charts.
- Mark document records as available to external applications: The newly added Available Externally field in the Documents module allows you to indicate if a document should be made available outside of the CRM to external applications that integrate with Sugar.
- SugarLive API platform value: A new assets package v1.4 is available from your SugarCRM.com account's Downloads page. In it, the API platform has been set to 'sugarlambda', an API platform recognized by Sugar, so that API calls made by SugarLive will not be denied if Sugar is configured to disable unknown platforms.
The following issues are resolved in this release. Case portal users can use the following links for more details about each issue:
- 90463: If the report contains three or more group-by fields, the report result may show incorrect data.
- 90402: When logged in to Sugar with non-english languages (e.g., German, Spanish), the report chart labels may incorrectly display "undefined" in report results and dashlets.
- 90379: Changes made to the user's time zone in Sugar may not be respected properly in reports and display the time values incorrectly in the report results.
- 90357: Adding a relate field to a report incorrectly builds the link to the record using the wrong module causing the record link and focus drawer to break.
- 90347: Non-admin users that are not assigned to a report may be unable to modify certain runtime filters.
- 90320: Special characters display incorrectly for record names on exported CSV files even though the import/export character set is set as "UTF-8".
- 90318: Summations and Summation with Details reports containing no group-by fields display no results and show the "No data available" message.
- 90303: User names do not appear as clickable hyperlinks in reports for version 12.1.0.
- 90289: In certain circumstances, Doc Merge may fail to generate documents and result in an error.
- 90244, 90209, 89965: Performing certain actions (e.g., editing custom dropdown fields, importing) in Sugar may result in a PHP fatal error when running Sugar using PHP 8.0.
- 90235: Modifying a note record in the Notes list view via mass update, inline edit, etc. may improperly cause any attachments to be deleted.
- 90231: When certain SugarBPM processes run, it may cause unexpected performance issues in Sugar.
- 90178: Exporting reports may not work as expected and display an error if the report is sorted by a display column field (e.g., Last Name).
- 90165: Grouping a Summation-type report by week may not display the data as expected in the report results.
- 90128: Actions Buttons do not work as expected with any activity-type modules (e.g., Meetings) that have been renamed in Sugar.
- 90093: Exporting reports does not respect changes made to run-time filters and incorrectly displays data with the original run-time filter.
- 90074: Report charts may be sorted incorrectly in certain circumstances.
- 89985: In certain circumstances, uploading and installing a custom package in Module Loader may result in an error.
- 89979: Revalidating the license key does not work as expected and result in an error for Sugar instances configured to work with a proxy server.
- 89944: SugarBPM Receive Message events that wait for a specific state in an activity-type module record (e.g., meeting, note) are not triggered as expected.
- 89923: Downloading merged record data as PDF documents using Doc Merge fails with an error if the record contains an ampersand character.
- 89894: Emails fail to send when the SMTP timelimit is set to 2 seconds.
- 89465: During upgrades, the health check may not pass as expected for certain custom modules.
- 89445: Removing a user as a guest from a meeting does not remove the meeting from the user's calendar as expected.
- 89328: Filtered subpanels in the modules' record view (e.g., Cases) cannot be reverted to show all related record subpanels as expected.
- 89269: Scheduling Summation With Details reports to be delivered as both a PDF and CSV file causes the scheduled report to become disabled.
- 89167: In certain circumstances, duplicate numbers may improperly appear in the X and Y-axis of the report chart.
- 89045: In certain circumstances, cases may not be created from inbound emails as expected if the Cases module contains a custom logic hook.
- 88986: Merged documents created via Doc Merge do not appear in the record's related subpanels (e.g., Documents) for custom modules.
- 88770: Holidays related to business centers are not respected properly causing incorrect Follow Up Dates to be calculated.
- 88755: The role-based dropdown list improperly prevents a user from viewing a dropdown value that is restricted from their role even though the value was already selected for the record they are viewing.
- 88736: Uploading a new language pack via Admin > Module Loader does not display the package in the Uploaded Packages panel to install.
- 88624: Creating notes with attachments in the Sugar Portal may fail and result in an error if the default value for the "Display in Portal?" field is set to "false" for the Notes Modules.
- 88370: When creating a Process Definition, adding a Gateway element for the Users module's "Reports to" field may not work as expected.
- 87477: Removing the Discount Amount field then re-enabling the field in Admin > Quotes Configuration may cause the Discount Amount field to not display correctly when creating quoted line items on the quote worksheet.
- 86740: Dependent fields do not display the data as expected in certain views such as the modules' list view and Record View dashlet.
- 85673: Installing a custom module that was built and exported from Module Builder may fail to install with an error in Module Loader.
- 83716: In certain circumstances, attempting to deploy a package via Module Builder or Module Loader may fail with an error.
- 83652: Setting the "1000s separator" field with an empty separator does not get respected properly for Integer and Decimal type fields.
- 83236: In certain circumstances, ordering the quoted line items does not preserve the new order as expected.
- 80448: Deleting a note with an attachment via the import process dow not delete the file attachment in the Uploads directory.
- 80420: The Account Name field is not sortable in the Quotes list view.
- 78121: When required calculated fields are left blank, the field does not get highlighted in red upon saving the record to indicate that the field has an error.
- 76484: The Recalculate Values option does not appear in the Meetings list view's Mass Actions menu even though the module contains calculated fields.
- 75461: The domain entered in the "No Auto-Reply to this Domain" field for group mail accounts improperly receive auto-replies even though it should be excluded from receiving automatic email responses.
The following known issues are present in version 12.2.0 (Q4 2022). Case Portal users can use the following links for more details about each issue:
- 90550: In the Data Table tab of the Report Dashlet editor, the "Rows display limit" field is obeyed only after you change the value. If you want to display only 5 rows, you must click on another value then return to "5".
- 90437: Chart sorting on the Report Dashlet does not work as expected for charts in reports with multiple group-by fields (e.g., matrix-type reports) or for charts sorted on a function value (e.g., SUM: Likely).
- 90360: The link to the Sugar record (e.g., opportunity name) does not display as a hyperlink in reports if there is a custom date field preceding the record name field in the display columns.
- 90351: Line charts in reports incorrectly display the date values (e.g., start date in months) in alphabetical order instead of in chronological order.
- 89915: Clicking the Dropbox file name in the Cloud Drive dashlet does not display the preview of the file and opens a blank page instead. As a workaround, select the Copy Link option from the Actions menu to preview the file in the browser.
- 89878: The Forecast Bar Chart dashlet in the Forecasts module does not display any data for individual sellers.
- 89831: Exported reports do not respect the locale settings in Sugar and incorrectly displays the date using the YYYY-MM-DD format.
- 89535: In certain circumstances, the datetime values (e.g., Date Created, Date Modified) in reports may not match the actual datetime values in the Sugar record.
- 89483: When a report is grouped by a multi-select field, drilling through the report chart results in a 500 error.
- 89457: The search bar in SugarLive does not work in instances that include Hint (e.g., Sugar Premier instances).
- 89227: When an instance is configured to use Opportunities with Revenue Line Items and a user is assigned a role restricting access to the Forecasts module, the user will be prevented from creating opportunities or converting leads in Sugar.
- 89078: In certain circumstances, the navigation bar may not display correctly after upgrading to version 11.3. For information on the workaround, refer to the issue's description in the case portal.
- 88957: In certain circumstances, performing a global search in Sugar may result in a 500 error.
- 88587: The titles used for left-hand Calendar panels may not properly set users' expectations for the calendars that are available.
- 88500: Attempting to copy a customized role-based record view layout in Admin > Studio may not work as expected and result in an error.
- 88436: When a user does not have access to the calendar due to teams permissions, the calendar still appears as an option in the Calendar UI under "My Calendars".
- 88374: Attempting to reorder the columns in the Worksheet Columns Preview list view in Admin > Quotes Configuration does not work as expected. As a workaround, remove all the fields from the Worksheet Columns section then add the fields again to the section.
- 88366: When performing an advanced search in legacy modules (e.g., Users), the Status field may default to "NULL" causing search to not work as expected.
- 88261: Attempting to download a PDF file may fail if the PDF template contains an image that is hosted on a site using "HTTPS" in the URL. As a workaround, use an image that does not contain "HTTPS" in the URL.
- 88230: When a datetime field is near the bottom of the Show More tab in the module's record view, the datetime picker does not render properly on the screen.
- 88206: In certain circumstances, installing packages in Module Loader may not work as expected and the package may get uninstalled with errors.
- 88098: Sorting certain module list views (e.g., Contacts) by the Account Name column may not display the records in the correct alphabetical order as expected.
- 88055: Users may experience unexpected behaviors when using Sugar via the Firefox browser. As a workaround, access Sugar using Chrome or Microsoft Edge browsers.
- 87908: For instances that use SugarIdentity, the Reset Multi-Factor Auth option improperly appears during a user impersonation session.
- 87880: The default system currency incorrectly displays "US Dollars" as the currency name even though the system currency is changed to a non-USD currency (e.g., AU Dollars) in Admin > Locale.
- 87701: Naming a custom field "processed" causes web logic hooks to fail to fire because it conflicts with Sugar's internal logic hook handling. As a workaround, use a different, un-reserved string as the field name.
- 87602: In Sugar Enterprise, portal customization settings for the following features in Admin > Sugar Portal > Theme Portal are available but not applicable to the portal: the search bar, the banner, and the dashboard.
- 87601: In Sugar Sell, portal customization settings for the following features in Admin > Sugar Portal > Theme Portal are available but not applicable to the portal: the search bar, the banner, the New Case button, and the dashboard.
- 87018: Hard deleting note records via the Data Archiver module does not delete the record's file attachments in the upload directory as expected.
- 86836: When making changes in the Configure Summary Panel drawer of the SugarLive configuration view, opening a module in the navigation bar does not warn you before discarding your changes.
- 86702: Resetting a user's password may not work as expected and display an error for instances that have the System-Generated Passwords feature enabled in Admin > Password Management. As a workaround, disable the System-Generated Passwords feature and manually reset the user's password.
- 86493: Modifying the Preview layout for the Notes module prior to upgrading to version 10.3 may cause the Attachments field in the layout to not display multiple note attachments as expected. For information on the workaround, refer to the issue's description in the case portal.
- 86364: In certain circumstances, the report chart in the Report Dashlet may not display using the same sort order as the original report.
- 86335: SugarLive does not become available when you populate the Contact Control Panel URL field unless a value is also entered in the Instance Name field. As a workaround, enter a dummy value in the Instance Name field.
- 86285: In certain circumstances, users may experience unexpected behaviors when attempting to expland a subpanel or edit an empty Subpanel layout in Admin > Studio. For information on the workaround, refer to the issue's description in the case portal.
- 86256: Portal users may be unable to drag and drop files as attachments for Notes in the Sugar Portal.
- 86255: When SugarLive is open, navigating to the Admin page in Sugar may not work as expected. As a workaround, navigate to a modules list view while SugarLive is open then open SugarLive again and navigate to the Admin page.
- 86010: Auditing relate fields connected to 1:1 relationships only audits changes on one side.
- 85962: Dashlets with filters on a shared dashboard may not be accessible to members of the associated team(s) as expected.
- 85589: Saving the SAML settings may fail with an error "Maximum Length should be positive value" when the maximum length is not set for Sugar password requirements.
- 85533: If you have multiple tabs open when a call or chat ends in SugarLive, the Create drawer for the call or message record opens in every tab, resulting in duplicate records being created.
- 85458: The body of the email does not display as expected when accessing Sugar via Firefox 80. As a workaround, open the Developer Tools console and refresh the page to view the email body.
- 85435: The subpanel column widths may not behave as expected in certain circumstances to display all the columns without having to use the scrollbar.
- 85409: After refreshing the browser, the SugarLive icon in the footer indicates that the user is logged out of SugarLive when they are not.
- 85396: In certain circumstances, administrators are improperly allowed to edit read-only fields in the Users module for SugarIdentity-enabled instances resulting in unexpected behaviors and errors.
- 85246: Errors may get logged in the system after upgrading or installing Sugar when certain license data is missing.
- 85047: Moving fields between the Columns and Available Fields sections of Console Settings may not work on Internet Explorer 11.
- 85046: SugarBPM's Round Robin "Set 'Assigned To' by availability" option is not available in Internet Explorer 11.
- 84987: User assigned to the Service Console and/or Renewals Console cannot configure the module tab drawer as expected to add or remove dashlets.
- 84909: Hyperlinks are not clickable in text area fields for Legacy modules (e.g. Documents). As a workaround, add"https://" in the URL (e.g. https://www.example.com) for Legacy modules and the hyperlink will then be clickable.
- 84884: For SugarIdentity-enabled instances, employee records that are tied to a user record in the Cloud Settings console cannot be duplicated in Sugar.
- 84684: In certain circumstances, saving the Preview View layout for modules (e.g. Accounts) via Admin > Studio may not work as expected and result in an error.
- 84426: The Meeting Type field in the Meetings module does not reflect new values added to the Meeting Type dropdown list in Admin > Dropdown Editor.
- 83997: Adding additional panels/tabs or removing the Show More panel in the Record View Layout in Studio may cause the record view layout to display incorrectly. As a workaround, restore the default layout in Admin > Studio.
- 83985: When the "Field Name Placement" user preference is set to "Beside Field Value", some labels will remain above the field value for the Calls and Meetings modules.
- 83880: Changes made to role-based view layouts are not applied to users assigned to the role. As a workaround, perform a Quick Repair and Rebuild for the change to take effect.
- 83796: SugarBPM processes always run after module-level logic hooks and it is not possible to configure them to run before logic hooks.
- 83715: User assigned to the Service Console and/or Renewals Console does not have access to configure the console settings.
- 83574: Editing contact records containing a duplicate portal name may result in a number of unexpected errors when saving the record.
- 83461: Sugar licenses that are not revalidated after purchasing additional seats or a renewal may result in unexpected behavior with list view filters. As a workaround, re-validate the license via Admin > License Management.
- 83425: Custom Date fields in the PDF template may not respect the user's preferred date format.
- 83335: Performance issues may occur for instances that have a number of related calculated fields, legacy workflows, and SugarBPM processes that trigger at the same time.
- 83328: Generating reports may result in a database error for Sugar instances using MySQL 5.7 if the
ONLY_FULL_GROUP_BYsetting is enabled. As a workaround, disable
sql_mode=only_full_group_byin the MySQL server configuration.
- 82840: Date and datetime fields do not respect the user's preferred format when included on PDFs.
- 82810: Fields based on non-existent or improperly defined custom field types may cause upgrades to fail.
- 82756: Upgrades fail when a filter exists for a module that has been removed.
- 82742: The Forecast Bar Chart Dashlet may not load as expected in shared dashboards.
- 82486: Upgrades may fail when a custom field has conflicting field types defined.
- 82468: Custom decimal fields may prevent upgrades from completing and result in invalid alter queries being generated. As a workaround, use the queries described in the issue's description in the case portal to convert the decimal fields.
- 82361: Emails sent from SugarBPM's processes may not include the link to new lead records generated from a Web-to-Lead form even though the process email template contains a link variable.
- 82050: Web logic hooks may not trigger as expected after save when new records are created.
- 81722: Sorting the fields by the column header (e.g. Name) in Admin > Studio or Module Builder may result in CSRF errors being written to the log file.
- 81382: Deleting a target list related to a large number of records may fail with an error.
- 81339: Generating a report (e.g. Summation with Details) grouped by "Fiscal Quarter" for a custom date field (e.g. Fiscal Quarter: Booking Date) may result in a database failure error.
- 81297: If a web-to-lead form gets submitted using an existing email address in Sugar, the email address may not be marked as "Primary" for the generated lead record.
- 81276: When there are multiple group-by fields in a Summation With Details report, generating the report with a chart or trying to view a dashboard containing the report dashlet may result in performance issues.
- 80968: Attempting to disable SAML authentication via Admin > Password Management may not work as expected in certain circumstances.
- 80865: It is not possible to search by the Record Name column in Process Management.
- 80759: In PDF templates that contain more than one
hreflink, only the first link works.
- 80091: Creating a dashboard may not work as expected and result in an error for users without private teams. Navigating to Admin > Repair and running "Repair Teams" will help resolve the issue.
- 80002: Generating PDFs using previously existing PDF templates may not display data as expected after upgrading to Sugar versions 7.9 or higher.
- 80001: Email messages sent via SugarBPM may display HTML formatting when records are created using SOAP/REST v4.1. It is recommended to use the latest version of the API.
- 79510: Email addresses are not shown on the import summary screen even though they were properly imported.
- 79173: When attempting to navigate away from the module or save the record, the Unsaved changes warning message may unexpectedly appear for modules containing custom dependent fields.
- 79131: When the "Listview items per page" setting in Admin > System Settings contains a large value (e.g. 50 or greater), it may cause an issue with rendering the "Download PDF" and "Email PDF" options in the record view's actions menu. Changing the "Listview items per page" setting to "20" may help resolve the issue.
- 79108: When editing a record via the list view preview on the intelligence pane, the Resolve Conflict drawer may appear unexpectedly upon save.
- 79009: When the targeted module contains a broken field, configuring an Action element in a process definition causes the Process Design canvas to time out.
- 78890: Updating composer in instances with custom modules deployed from module builder may cause unexpected errors.
- 78885: A SugarBPM process may be prematurely considered complete when part of the process remains unexecuted in job queue.
- 78709: Users assigned a role with Delete, Edit, or Export permission set to "Owner" may improperly be restricted from downloading and emailing PDFs.
- 78600: Special characters are improperly allowed to be entered in dropdown lists' item names.
- 78582: Process definitions do not enforce the requirement that multiple paths must converge before an End event.
- 78527: Inline editing a TextArea field via the subpanel may not work as expected. Reloading the web browser will resolve the issue and allow the user to inline edit the field properly.
- 78315: The same Process ID may be used for multiple processes if a process definition's Start condition is triggered by simultaneous events.
- 77738: Attempting to merge two records (e.g. accounts) may fail with an error if the record that is being merged to the primary record contains a large number of related records (e.g. contacts).
- 77719: If a process definition contains a Wait event that is relative to a date field, the process does not adjust for changes that may occur to the date field after the Wait event's initiation.
- 77609: Generating reports with empty relate fields may not include the associated record in the report result as expected if the related record has been deleted.
- 77287: Performing certain actions (e.g. import, mass update) in Sugar may result in performance issues if there are numerous calculated fields to be updated in related records. As a workaround, add the following line to the
config_override.phpfile to disable the related calculation field updates:
$sugar_config['disable_related_calc_fields'] = true;. But keep in mind that the affected calculated values will not be updated and running Recalculate Values on related records.
- 77249: Guests may not get imported to call or meeting records as expected.
- 77087: When a record is assigned to the user's default private team, changing the Teams field from the private team to another team (e.g. Global) may incorrectly display the team name with the user's last name appended to the end (e.g. Global Smith).
- 77055: Attempting to mass update the user's outbound email client via Admin > User Management may not work as expected.
- 76401: The data in the report chart may be inconsistent between the report chart dashlet and the Reports module.
- 76014: Mass-updating a large number of records that trigger the start event on one or more process definitions will result in a PHP timeout error. Additionally, any processes created before PHP timed out may be corrupt.
- 75254: Printing reports (e.g. Summation With Details report) to PDF may not work as expected when logged into Sugar via a mobile browser.
- 74628: Certain workflows using a Relate-type field in the condition may fail to load as expected and result in errors after upgrading to 7.6.x.x. As a workaround, run the following query in the instance's expressions table:
UPDATE expressions SET exp_type = "id" WHERE exp_type = "relate" AND lhs_field = "assigned_user_id"
- 74382: The Case Summary dashlet may not work as expected and cause an internal server error if the account record has a large number of related cases.
- 74350: An unexpected error may occur when saving a record if there is an issue with the user's default team in the database. As a workaround, run the following query in the instance's team sets table. The affected users will then need to edit their profile to configure their default teams again.
UPDATE team_sets SET deleted = 1 WHERE id NOT IN ("select team_set_id from team_sets_teams where deleted = 0") AND deleted = 0
- 73566: Calculated or dependent fields containing a
related()function may not get calculated until after save for activity-type modules (e.g. Notes).
- 73468: Time-elapse workflow may not trigger as expected when a date field (e.g. Expected Close Date) in the condition is set to a date in the future.
- 72810: Filtering the list view search using custom checkbox fields may not work as expected.
- 72581: Attempting to merge records in modules containing required dependent fields may not work as expected.
- 71848: When a large number (e.g. 60) of PDF templates are available in a module, users may not be able to scroll through the full list of templates via the "Download PDF" or "Email PDF" options in the record view. As a workaround, changing the screen resolution or reducing the number of templates may help resolve the issue.
- 71733: Printing archived emails via the browser's print option may not display correctly.
- 68985: Custom relationships created between a module and the Activities module via Admin > Studio cannot be deleted as expected.
- 68975: Changing the order of subpanels via Admin > Display Modules and Subpanels does not preserve the order upon save.
- 68112: Matrix-type reports display incorrectly when exported to PDF.
Please refer to the Developer Blog in the SugarClub community for a summary of the changes in version 12.2.0 (Q4 2022) that may affect developers.
For information on supported platform components, see Sugar 12.2.x Supported Platforms.
Sugar Serve and Sugar Sell Upgrade Paths
The following upgrade paths apply to Sugar Serve and Sugar Sell Premier, Advanced, and Essentials:
Last modified: 2022-10-24 12:20:22