Sugar Professional 11.1.0 (Q3 2021) Release Notes
This document describes the changes and functionality available in Sugar® Professional 11.1.0 (Q3 2021). Sugar 11.1.0 is only available for SugarCloud (Sugar-hosted SaaS) deployments.
For information about this release's changes to existing functionality, please refer to the What to Expect When Upgrading to 11.1 article.
Administrator and End User
The following feature enhancements are included in Sugar Professional 11.1.0 (Q3 2021):
User Interface Enhancements
- New SugarCRM branding and icons: The Sugar UI has been updated to reflect the new SugarCRM brand with an updated Sugar logo and modernized icons (e.g., preview, import, create) throughout the application.
- Documents module converted to Sidecar: The Documents module has been converted from the legacy user interface to the Sidecar user interface.
- Primary case contact added to Contacts subpanel: The contact related via a case's Primary Contact field will automatically be added to the case's Contacts subpanel.
- Dropdown display labels included in exports: Data exported from modules with dropdown and multiselect fields will now include columns for the display labels in the .csv export file.
- Custom currency fields display preferred currency: Custom currency fields will now display your preferred currency if the "Show Preferred Currency" setting is enabled in your user profile.
- Enhanced accessibility: Sugar has improved the accessibility experience when using screen readers, text-to-speech, and keyboard navigation.
Studio and Administration Enhancements
- More Studio options for relationship-based relate fields: The following settings have been made available for relationship-based relate fields in Studio: Mass Update, Dependent, Required Field, Allow Imports, and Duplicate Merge.
- New Sugar Logic function: A new Sugar Logic function,
currentUserField, can evaluate fields in the Users module to drive field visibility, writability, or value according to the person currently viewing or editing a record.
- Improved Module Loader error handling: If you install a package that causes the Sugar instance to become unusable, the package installation is automatically rolled back.
The following issues are resolved in this release. Case portal users can use the following links for more details about each issue:
- 87529: In certain circumstances, the Discover dashlets may fail to load in Sugar and display a CAT-404 error.
- 87375: In certain circumstances, there may be unexpected issues when performing certain actions in Sugar such as editing dropdown lists via Admin > Dropdown Editor.
- 87189, 87145: When linking existing records via the related record subpanel, clicking the "More <module name>" link (e.g. More Contacts) in the Search and Select drawer does not load the next set of records as expected.
- 87127: Attempting to download a plug-in file (e.g. Sugar Plug-in for Outlook) in Sugar may result in an error.
- 87093: In certain circumstances, entering a single character (e.g. a) into the Global Search box may result in a 500 error for Sugar instances using Elasticsearch 7.x.
- 87024: Hidden required dependent fields improperly prevent records from being saved.
- 86980: Record names may not be truncated properly in the record pill when linking existing records or creating filters in the list view.
- 86831: Certain inbound email errors may cause the Check Inbound Mailboxes scheduler to stop working as expected.
- 86827: In certain circumstances, deleting a dashlet may not work as expected for a modified dashboard.
- 86691, 86686, 86382: In certain circumstances, inbound emails may fail to import to Sugar.
- 86639: Clicking the Preview (Eye) icon in the Guests panel for calls and meetings may not work as expected.
- 86505: In certain circumstances, custom relationships that have the module label changed may incorrectly revert to the original label if another relationship using the same modules get created in Admin > Studio.
- 86443: Downloading email attachments with long file names may incorrectly display the file name as "filename" or may not download as expected.
- 86385: The email body for imported emails may be blank for emails where the character set fails to convert from gb2312 to utf-8.
- 86227: The Grand Total column in the Quotes subpanel may not display the correct converted amount for quotes that are created using a currency that differs from the system-defined default currency.
- 85783, 79698: When merging records, fields that are required under certain conditions are required even if the conditions have not been met.
- 85572: The Body field in the Knowledge Base module does not display in the intelligence pane when previewing the record.
- 85550: In certain circumstances, the funnel chart in reports may display incorrect values.
- 84670: Performing global search may not work as expected and result in a 500 error for instances containing a large number of team sets.
- 84582: In certain circumstances, a blank space may appear in place of any dependent dropdown field(s) that are hidden in the record view layout if there is a filler next to the field(s).
- 82914: Running reports in instances with a large number of team sets may fail to generate for non-admin users and result in performance issues.
- 82601: Sorting the Knowledge Base list view may not work as expected if there is a knowledge base article with multiple revisions.
- 82493: Users may be unable to send outbound emails if the "Allow users to use this account for outgoing email" option is disabled via Admin > System Email Settings.
- 81735: When required Date fields get validated, the error tooltip does not appear in the field as expected.
- 81547: In certain circumstances, installing a package via module loader may not work as expected and cause Sugar to become inaccessible with a 500 error.
- 81392: Resetting the Forecasts module improperly reverts the custom formula applied to the opportunity's Likely field back to the out-of-the-box formula.
- 81341: The currency name and symbol cannot be edited in Sugar when the "ISO 4217 Code" is populated.
- 79970: Iframe fields may not render as expected for records created via the API as the ampersand (&) in the URL incorrectly gets translated to "&" for the iframe field.
- 79125: Cases that are automatically created from inbound emails do not get assigned to the group user as expected.
- 78541: Setting a dropdown field to be read-only does not work as expected if the field is a dependent dropdown.
- 77506: Attempting to filter reports using Tags ID may not work as expected.
The following known issues are present in version 11.1.0 (Q3 2021). Case Portal users can use the following links for more details about each issue:
- 87960: For instances that use SugarIdentity, having the Administration page open in Sugar when initiating the impersonation session in SugarCloud Settings may cause the impersonation to fail with an error. As a workaround, navigate away from the Admin page before initiating the impersonation session.
- 87908: For instances that use SugarIdentity, the Reset Multi-Factor Auth option improperly appears during a user impersonation session.
- 87729: For instances that use SugarIdentity, if an admin impersonates a user assigned a role with Access Type set to "Admin & Developer", the Admin page in the impersonation session incorrectly displays the full view that the admin user has access to instead of the limited view the regular user sees.
- 87698: For instances that use SugarIdentity, if an admin impersonates a user and the access token expires, the admin user improperly begins to impersonate their own user account once the user's impersonation session ends.
- 86849: In certain circumstances, refreshing the browser may improperly change the order of dashlets on the dashboard.
- 86702: Resetting a user's password may not work as expected and display an error for instances that have the System-Generated Passwords feature enabled in Admin > Password Management. As a workaround, disable the System-Generated Passwords feature and manually reset the user's password.
- 86696: Attempting to edit a report using the "Edit Report" option in the list view's Actions menu may not work as expected as the report fails to load.
- 86646, 86493: Note attachments may not display as expected after upgrading to version 10.3 or higher.
- 86364: In certain circumstances, the report chart in the Saved Reports Chart dashlet may not display using the same sort order as the original report.
- 86333: Disabling the "Allow users to use this account for outgoing email" option in Admin > System Email Settings may result in unexpected behavior in Email > Email Settings.
- 86010: Auditing relate fields connected to 1:1 relationships only audits changes on one side.
- 85962: Dashlets with filters on a shared dashboard may not be accessible to members of the associated team(s) as expected.
- 85795: When editing the existing inbound email account, the User Name field does not display a value and appears blank in the layout. As a workaround, you can copy the user name value from the inbound email account's detail view and paste it in the edit view when configuring the inbound email account.
- 85673: Installng a custom module that was built and exported from Module Builder may fail to install with an error.
- 85593: Multiple entries get added to the Tracker table for Activity Stream records causing the table to grow very large.
- 85589: Saving the SAML settings may fail with an error "Maximum Length should be positive value" when the maximum length is not set for Sugar password requirements.
- 85458: The body of the email does not display as expected when accessing Sugar via Firefox 80. As a workaround, open the Developer Tools console and refresh the page to view the email body.
- 85435: The subpanel column widths may not behave as expected in certain circumstances to display all the columns without having to use the scrollbar.
- 85410: In certain circumstances, the Related Case field in the Knowledge Base record view may not display the linked record as expected after upgrade.
- 85396: In certain circumstances, administrators are improperly allowed to edit read-only fields in the Users module for SugarIdentity-enabled instances resulting in unexpected behaviors and errors.
- 85368: In certain circumstances, users may run into unexpected errors when trying to access certain modules and/or notice modules missing from the navigation bar.
- 85342: When the Assignment Notification Emails template is customized using new variables (e.g. $account_name), the email notification does not pull in the relevant information as expected and display the variables in plain text instead.
- 85267: Upgrading to 10.1.0 may fail for instances that have
upgrade_historypackages installed in a directory other than upload/upgrades.
- 85246: Errors may get logged in the system after upgrading or installing Sugar when certain license data is missing.
- 84909: Hyperlinks are not clickable in text area fields for Legacy modules (e.g. Documents). As a workaround, add"https://" in the URL (e.g. https://www.example.com) for Legacy modules and the hyperlink will then be clickable.
- 84884: For SugarIdentity-enabled instances, employee records that are tied to a user record in the Cloud Settings console cannot be duplicated in Sugar.
- 84692: Certain reports may not generate as expected if the last group-by field is a date (e.g. Opportunities > Week: Expected Close Date) and the report contains a chart (e.g. Horizontal Bar).
- 84684: In certain circumstances, saving the Preview View layout for modules (e.g. Accounts) via Admin > Studio may not work as expected and result in an error.
- 84551: Legacy workflows created in Sugar Professional continue to remain active and trigger improperly after the customer migrates to Sugar Sell or Sugar Serve.
- 84426: The Meeting Type field in the Meetings module does not reflect new values added to the Meeting Type dropdown list in Admin > Dropdown Editor.
- 83997: Adding additional panels/tabs or removing the Show More panel in the Record View Layout in Studio may cause the record view layout to display incorrectly. As a workaround, restore the default layout in Admin > Studio.
- 83985: When the "Field Name Placement" user preference is set to "Beside Field Value", some labels will remain above the field value for the Calls and Meetings modules.
- 83716: Attempting to deploy a package via Module Builder or Module Loader may fail with an error.
- 83510: In certain circumstances, PHP warning errors may occur for certain SugarCloud instances.
- 83461: Sugar licenses that are not revalidated after purchasing additional seats or a renewal may result in unexpected behavior with list view filters. As a workaround, re-validate the license via Admin > License Management.
- 83425: Custom Date fields in the PDF template may not respect the user's preferred date format.
- 83328: Generating reports may result in a database error for Sugar instances using MySQL 5.7 if the
ONLY_FULL_GROUP_BYsetting is enabled. As a workaround, disable
sql_mode=only_full_group_byin the MySQL server configuration.
- 82840: Date and datetime fields do not respect the user's preferred format when included on PDFs.
- 82813: Performing full-text search re-indexes from the command line or via Admin > Search may run out of memory when run on very large data sets.
- 82810: Fields based on non-existent or improperly defined custom field types may cause upgrades to fail.
- 82756: Upgrades fail when a filter exists for a module that has been removed.
- 82742: The Forecast Bar Chart Dashlet may not load as expected in shared dashboards.
- 82559: Certain customizations in Sugar may cause the upgrade to fail.
- 82486: Upgrades may fail when a custom field has conflicting field types defined.
- 82468: Custom decimal fields may prevent upgrades from completing and result in invalid alter queries being generated. As a workaround, use the queries described in the defect's description on the bug portal to convert the decimal fields.
- 82454: Entering duplicate email addresses with different capitalizations (e.g. firstname.lastname@example.org, Test@here.com) into a record (e.g. Contacts) may result in adverse behaviors.
- 82451: Removing the currency field from the Quotes record view layout may cause an unexpected error when viewing a quote and the Unit Price field to display blank for the quoted line items.
- 82437: Drilling through report charts from the Saved Reports Chart dashlet may not work as expected and return incorrect results if the report has a run-time filter applied.
- 82384: Deleting note records created from email attachments may not work as expected and continue to persist in the upload directory.
- 82230: Exporting a Summation report may fail with an error if the computed derivative (e.g. Count, SUM) is missing in the Choose Display Summaries step.
- 82050: Web logic hooks may not trigger as expected after save when new records are created.
- 82038: Clicking on a Home page tab (e.g. Sales) or attempting to sort by a field column on the Legacy dashboard may not work as expected and result in an error.
- 81929: Report chart drill-through may not work as expected and display an error message (No data available) for reports using the Product Catalog module.
- 81722: Sorting the fields by the column header (e.g. Name) in Admin > Studio or Module Builder may result in CSRF errors being written to the log file.
- 81382: Deleting a target list related to a large number of records may fail with an error.
- 81339: Generating a report (e.g. Summation with Details) grouped by "Fiscal Quarter" for a custom date field (e.g. Fiscal Quarter: Booking Date) may result in a database failure error.
- 81297: If a web-to-lead form gets submitted using an existing email address in Sugar, the email address may not be marked as "Primary" for the generated lead record.
- 81276: When there are multiple group-by fields in a Summation With Details report, generating the report with a chart or trying to view a dashboard containing the saved report chart dashlet may result in performance issues.
- 81151: Report chart drill-through may not work as expected when the report is filtered by a checkbox field.
- 80968: It may not be possible to disable SAML authentication via the user interface after certain actions have been performed on your Sugar instance.
- 80884: Viewing a shared dashboard containing the Forecast Bar Chart dashlet may display a "Loading..." message.
- 80759: In PDF templates that contain more than one
hreflink, only the first link works.
- 80730: Reports without charts are improperly available to select in the Saved Reports Chart dashlet.
- 80681: Making changes to a report's relationship-based filters may result in an error when running the report. As a workaround, re-create the report with the desired filter without making any changes to it.
- 80583: Attempting to erase fields (e.g. Description) marked as "Personal Information" from the Opportunities module do not work as expected and result in a 500 error.
- 80091: Creating a dashboard may not work as expected and result in an error for users without private teams. Navigating to Admin > Repair and running "Repair Teams" will help resolve the issue.
- 80002: Generating PDFs using previously existing PDF templates may not display data as expected after upgrading to Sugar versions 7.9 or higher.
- 79715: The Follow button does not appear in the Contracts record view as expected.
- 79712: The "Sign" and "Get latest" links do not appear as expected in the Documents subpanel of the Contracts module.
- 79704: When logged into Sugar with certain languages (e.g. Russian), the list view's Record Actions menu may not appear as expected for some modules (e.g. Dashboards).
- 79686: The List Order field in the Contract Types, Manufacturers, Tax Rates, and Shipping Providers modules does not control the order in which the options are listed in the corresponding fields (Type Name, Manufacturer Name, Shipping Provider, Tax Rate) for the Contracts, Quotes, and Product Catalog modules.
- 79640: The Home (Sugar cube) icon shifts position in the navigation bar when "Allow users to select modules to appear in the navigation bar" is enabled.
- 79510: Email addresses are not shown on the import summary screen even though they were properly imported.
- 79173: When attempting to navigate away from the module or save the record, the Unsaved changes warning message may unexpectedly appear for modules containing custom dependent fields.
- 79131: When the "Listview items per page" setting in Admin > System Settings contains a large value (e.g. 50 or greater), it may cause an issue with rendering the "Download PDF" and "Email PDF" options in the record view's actions menu. Changing the "Listview items per page" setting to "20" may help resolve the issue.
- 79108: When editing a record via the list view preview on the intelligence pane, the Resolve Conflict drawer may appear unexpectedly upon save.
- 78890: Updating composer in instances with custom modules deployed from module builder may cause unexpected errors.
- 78709: Users assigned a role with Delete, Edit, or Export permission set to "Owner" may improperly be restricted from downloading and emailing PDFs.
- 78667: Attempting to scroll in Sidecar modules (e.g. Meetings) may not work as expected when logged into Sugar on iPad.
- 78600: Special characters are improperly allowed to be entered in dropdown lists' item names.
- 78580: Saving a record without completing the Salutation field which is marked as required in Admin > Studio may result in unexpected behavior.
- 78527: Inline editing a TextArea field via the subpanel may not work as expected. Reloading the web browser will resolve the issue and allow the user to inline edit the field properly.
- 78334: Performing certain actions in records containing calculated fields with rollup functions (e.g. rollupSum) and a large number of related records may cause performance issues in Sugar.
- 78128: For dropdown list values, a value's Display Label will improperly revert to a blank value if its Item Name is 0 (zero).
- 77738: Attempting to merge two records (e.g. accounts) may fail with an error if the record that is being merged to the primary record contains a large number of related records (e.g. contacts).
- 77609: Generating reports with empty relate fields may not include the associated record in the report result as expected if the related record has been deleted.
- 77287: Performing certain actions (e.g. import, mass update) in Sugar may result in performance issues if there are numerous calculated fields to be updated in related records. As a workaround, add the following line to the
config_override.phpfile to disable the related calculation field updates:
$sugar_config['disable_related_calc_fields'] = true;. But keep in mind that the affected calculated values will not be updated and running Recalculate Values on related records.
- 77249: Guests may not get imported to call or meeting records as expected.
- 77087: When a record is assigned to the user's default private team, changing the Teams field from the private team to another team (e.g. Global) may incorrectly display the team name with the user's last name appended to the end (e.g. Global Smith).
- 77055: Attempting to mass update the user's outbound email client via Admin > User Management may not work as expected.
- 76401: The data in the report chart may be inconsistent between the report chart dashlet and the Reports module.
- 75254: Printing reports (e.g. Summation With Details report) to PDF may not work as expected when logged into Sugar via a mobile browser.
- 74919: Performing certain actions (e.g. Quick Repair and Rebuild) in Sugar that rebuild the cache files may cause unexpected issues in the system if there are multiple users logged in and utilizing Sugar. As a workaround, perform such actions during off-hours where users are not utilizing the system.
- 74628: Certain workflows using a Relate-type field in the condition may fail to load as expected and result in errors after upgrading to 7.6.x.x. As a workaround, run the following query in the instance's expressions table:
UPDATE expressions SET exp_type = "id" WHERE exp_type = "relate" AND lhs_field = "assigned_user_id"
- 74382: The Case Summary dashlet may not work as expected and cause an internal server error if the account record has a large number of related cases.
- 74350: An unexpected error may occur when saving a record if there is an issue with the user's default team in the database. As a workaround, run the following query in the instance's team sets table. The affected users will then need to edit their profile to configure their default teams again.
UPDATE team_sets SET deleted = 1 WHERE id NOT IN ("select team_set_id from team_sets_teams where deleted = 0") AND deleted = 0
- 73566: Calculated or dependent fields containing a
related()function may not get calculated until after save for activity-type modules (e.g. Notes).
- 73468: Time-elapse workflow may not trigger as expected when a date field (e.g. Expected Close Date) in the condition is set to a date in the future.
- 72810: Filtering the list view search using custom checkbox fields may not work as expected.
- 72581: Attempting to merge records in modules containing required dependent fields may not work as expected.
- 71950: Adding TinyMCE to a TextArea-type field (e.g. Description) may cause the field to not display properly in record view when accessing Sugar via certain browsers (e.g. Firefox).
- 71848: When a large number (e.g. 60) of PDF templates are available in a module, users may not be able to scroll through the full list of templates via the "Download PDF" or "Email PDF" options in the record view. As a workaround, changing the screen resolution or reducing the number of templates may help resolve the issue.
- 71733: Printing archived emails via the browser's print option may not display correctly.
- 70940: Attempting to disable the SAML authentication via Admin > Password Management may not work as expected if the
config.phphas been set to
- 68985: Custom relationships created between a module and the Activities module via Admin > Studio cannot be deleted as expected.
- 68975: Changing the order of subpanels via Admin > Display Modules and Subpanels does not preserve the order upon save.
- 68112: Matrix-type reports display incorrectly when exported to PDF.
Please refer to the Developer Blog in the SugarClub community for a summary of the changes in version 11.1.0 (Q3 2021) that may affect developers.
For information on supported platform components, see Sugar 11.1.x Supported Platforms.
Sugar Ultimate, Sugar Enterprise, and Sugar Professional Upgrade Paths
Last modified: 2021-11-16 17:42:15