GDPR regulations state that proper context must be provided to customers around how cookies are used on your site and how they are being used on them as a user. This means that new visitors who reside in the EU need to be given a choice of whether they want to accept or decline cookies being dropped on them. In addition, contacts need to have the ability to change their cookie settings at any point after they have initially made a decision.
The GDPR features available in Sugar Market include:
Using double opt-in on your forms ensures your leads have a valid email address and have opted in to your email communications. Please refer to the Creating Forms page for more information.
For contacts that are manually added to Sugar Market, a verification checkbox requires users to verify that contacts being added have opted-in. The method by which you obtained consent depends on your workflow, but checking this box assumes you have obtained consent from the contact you are about to add in some form. Sugar Market will prevent the addition of contacts if you do not verify opt-in status to ensure GDPR compliance.
The opt-in verification exists in the following areas:
- File Import Upload Wizard
- Add Recipients step in Email Builder
- Adding individual recipients in an active nurture through the Manage list view
- Adding recipients in the nurture builder wizard
- Adding a new contact through the Contacts page
- Adding a new contact through the Account profile page
- Adding a new member in an Event session
- Importing members via an Excel file in an Event session
- Quick adding Event members in an Event session
- Adding a contact in a distribution list
Similar to double opt-in, GDPR requires that you have proper storage of consent for cookies for proper traceability and auditing purposes. We store the date and time of consent whenever a visitor accepts cookies on a Sugar Market hosted landing page, and we store the contact information if they submit a form. This information is available to you upon request if you need to provide proof of cookie consent. Please submit all requests through the Case Portal. We are also working towards making this easier for you to pull the data on your end, which we hope to release in a later iteration.
Web Tracking Script
Last modified: 2021-02-25 22:38:19