After creating your Sugar Market event, we recommend you carefully review the event details in the Event Master and make adjustments as needed, including editing emails and adding any additional sessions. Even if you do not make changes to the emails you have set up at this point, you must follow the process outlined in the Scheduling the Email to Send section for your drip emails to begin sending.
Since there are details defined at both the Event level and the Session level, it is important to be aware of your location when making changes.
Access existing Events by navigating to Manage > Events > Event Management.
From the Actions menu next to the desired event name, select Edit to open the Event Master.
After creating the framework for your Sugar Market event, you can make changes to your event details in the Event Master. The primary event components are grouped by tabs in the Event Master. To make changes to a component, select "Edit" from the Actions menu next to the component name:
After drilling into a specific component (e.g. an event session), make any desired changes to fields, and then click one of the save buttons at the top of the page. Note that some component pages have details grouped across several tabs. Keep in mind when there are several of the same component type in the event, the edits you make apply to the individual component, not all components of the same type. For example, changes you make to your Session #1 will not apply to your Session #2.
The Event Master is where you can view and edit the details of your event in Sugar Market. The Event Master consists of a header that contains identifying information and seven tabs that contain event details. Use the following descriptions of each tab in the Event Master to guide you through your event details.
The following tabs are included in the Event Master for every event:
The Sessions tab includes all information related to each session in the event. Note that each session is represented by a unique Event ID, which is used to associate each session with registration. Every event must have at least one session.
- To add a new session to the event, click the New button, and then follow the steps in Creating Events.
- To export basic details for all sessions, click the Export to Excel icon.
- To delete a session from the event, select "Delete" from the Actions dropdown next to the desired session.
Note: If you delete the only session in an event, the session details remain in the event, but the session visibility on the Session Details tab is set to False, meaning any registrations for the event will be ignored until visibility is enabled again.
When editing sessions, pay special attention to the status of your session. The default status is set to "Planned" until you change it to "Active". If the status is "Planned", registrants will not receive their scheduled emails, and if you are using a third-party webinar platform, event registration will not be recorded in the webinar platform.
Session details are grouped into the following tabs:
- Details: General defining details pertaining to the session.
- Location: Physical location for in-person events.
- Agenda: HTML block you can merge into your session emails.
- Calendar Link: Link you can connect to a button in your session emails to allow your registrants to add the event to their calendar (Icalendar or Outlook). The Invite Text is displayed as the description when your registrant adds the event to their calendar (e.g. "Thank you for registering for our webinar. Please click below to join").
- Actions: The scheduled and triggered actions that pertain to the session directly.
- Actions Inherited: The actions that pertain to the session because they are defined in the event for all sessions.
- Attendees: Registrants who have attended the session. For more information on attendees, refer to the Managing Event Registration page.
- Report: Provides two versions of session details: an event summary and an Excel export.
- Post Conference: For sessions integrated with an external webinar platform, the Post Conference tab includes a list of all attendees with their questions and responses to any polls and surveys. When the "Refresh Attended" option is enabled on the session's Details tab, the final registration information will sync to this tab 90 minutes after the event.
Email Campaigns Tab
The Email Campaigns tab contains all drip and trigger emails that are associated with the event. Scheduled Emails are the timed actions, or drip emails that are scheduled to be sent at specific times, such as the initial invite email and follow-up email to non-attendees. Action Based Trigger Emails are the emails that will be sent based on specific actions, such as registration confirmations, reminders, and follow-up emails.
- To create a new event email, click the New Email button.
- To delete an event email, select Delete from the Actions menu next to the desired email.
Editing Email Campaigns
The selections you made in the event wizard populate the event email tabs, though you can make changes at any time prior to submitting the emails to the queue. We recommend that you edit all emails associated with the event to ensure all emails are completely set up. If you use one template for all sessions in a multi-session event, then ensure you enable the "Allow Duplicates" option on the Email Info tab in the Trigger Info section.
Merge Tags in Event Emails
Use merge tags to automatically populate your emails with field values from each event session. Merge tags can be used in trigger emails, but not in scheduled emails. To use merge tags in your trigger emails, copy the merge tag text displayed next to fields in session details to your system clipboard, and then paste the tag into the email body. You can also click the Merge Fields button on the Email HTML tab to view all available merge fields.
Note: To dynamically include the unique link to your online event in your registration confirmation and reminders, add this merge field to the email HTML:
Event Email Tabs
- Email Info: The campaign name, subject, and content of the email. For scheduled emails, the send date and time are set to what you selected in the event wizard. For trigger emails, the send date and time are grayed out since the email will be sent based on an action, not at a specified date/time.
- Send To/Exclusion Rules: The distribution lists to include and exclude from the email send.
- Email HTML: HTML editor for styling your emails. You can import a template, copy a campaign, or create from scratch using media from the Asset Library.
- Email Text: The text-only version of the email you build in the HTML tab. You can click the Convert HTML button or Convert HTML with links button (if you have links in your email you want included) to automatically generate a text-only email.
- Testing: We recommend you send test emails to preview how the email will look to your recipients. Enter the email addresses separated by a semicolon (;), and then click on one of the testing options shown.
Scheduling the Email to Send
After completing the email setup, you must follow the process outlined below to initiate the drip campaign emails to be sent:
- Click the Save, Review and Send button in the email header section. The Review Email page displays.
- The selected checkboxes represent completed items. Boxes that are unchecked with red text next to them represent remaining items. All unchecked items need to be completed before you can approve and send the campaign. Click the Return to Campaign button at the bottom of the page if you need to complete additional setup items.
- When all boxes are checked, select the 'This Campaign is Approved' box, and then click the Add Drip to Queue button. Your email will be submitted to the queue to be sent on the specified date and time.
Repeat this process for all drip emails in the session. Remember that each session must be in Active status for both trigger and drip event emails to be sent. Trigger emails will be sent when the corresponding action occurs.
To return to the Event Master, click the Save and Return button at the top of the page, and then click the Return to Event Management button.
Calendar Link Tab
The Calendar Link tab provides the information needed for sharing a calendar link to your event. The calendar link is in ICS format. To view the invite URLs, visit the individual Calendar Link tabs within each session in your event.
The Actions tab includes all event actions that are set to occur based on your current setup. Actions that will occur as a result of another action appear in the Triggered Actions section, and events that will occur based on a scheduled action appear in the Timed Actions section. These actions apply to all sessions in the event. For more information on event actions, refer to the Triggering Actions in Events page.
Landing Page Tab
The Landing Page tab lists the legacy landing pages associated with the event and provides a link to Page Builder, where you can create a new page. If you have forms built with Form Builder that are associated with the event, they will not be displayed in this list. To determine whether a form is associated with the event, compare the Event ID with the value in the form's hidden field.
The Members tab lists all contacts that have registered for the event, including whether they registered for the event, attended the event, and are flagged for follow-up after the event. Click the Export to Excel icon to export and download the report. Please refer to the Managing Event Registration page for more information and on managing event members.
The Reports tab provides links to the Landing Page Merge Report, which provides a summary of all visitors to the form associated with the Event, and the same Members Report that is available on the Members tab.
Last modified: 2021-08-21 23:45:18