Hint 5.4.0 Release Notes
This document describes any new features, enhancements to existing features, fixed issues, and known issues for the 5.4.0 release of Hint. For information on supported platforms, please refer to the Connectors Supported Platforms page.
The following features are included in this release of Hint:
- Enrich contact and lead avatars: If Hint finds an avatar (e.g. profile picture) for a contact or lead, you can now choose to enrich the Avatar field with the found image.
- Enrich account logos: Company logos are now enriched and are shown next to the account name in record view.
- Hint services in Europe: The services used by Hint are now hosted in both the United States and the Europe regions. By default for new Hint installations, Hint will connect with services hosted in the region nearest to that of the Sugar instance.
- Improved uninstallation: On Sugar versions 10.2.1 and higher, Hint now provides its own uninstallation tool that more cleanly handles uninstalling Hint and disabling all Hint Insights notifications. If desired, it is also possible to resume previously configured notifications upon reinstallation of Hint.
- Turn off all notifications for an instance: Admins can now disable all Hint notifications for an instance, which can be useful to prevent duplicate notifications when cloning an instance for troubleshooting purposes.
- Restore default fields per module: The link to restore the default Hint field configuration in Admin > Hint Fields now only updates the tab you currently have open (e.g. Leads) instead of all tabs.
The following issues have been resolved in this release of Hint. Case Portal users can use the following links for more details about the issues:
- 85986: News story images in Hint Insights emails may be displayed much larger than intended.
- 85905: Hint may stop providing enriched data after restoring a Sugar instance from a backup.
- 82507: The Hint jobs created for use by Hint are not editable in Admin > Scheduler.
- 82058: Uninstalling Hint does not remove the Hint-specific fields from the Sugar instance.
The following are known issues in this release of Hint. Case Portal users can use the following links for more details about each issue:
- 86698: Upgrading Hint does not remove custom files that are no longer needed, causing unexpected behavior in other Sugar features.
- 86367: On the Accounts, Contacts, and Leads modules' dashboards, certain legacy dashboard buttons (e.g. "Create") are erroneously displayed and cannot be used. However, all of the dashboard functions are still available via the floating actions buttons.
- 86330: Accessing the Contacts module with Hint installed may generate a large number of PHP warnings in the PHP log.
- 81059: Hint adds fields to the record view for contacts in Sugar Portal that cannot be removed via Admin > Sugar Portal Editor.
- Upgrading Hint from 4.1.1 to a higher version without uninstalling 4.1.1 first results in two packages being installed and may cause unexpected behavior. To avoid this, uninstall 4.1.1 with the "Do Not Remove Tables" option selected before installing a higher version.
- Upgrading Hint on a Sugar version lower than 8.1.0 results in two packages being installed and may cause unexpected behavior. To avoid this, uninstall the previous version of Hint with the "Do Not Remove Tables" option selected before installing a higher version.
For more information on installing and activating the connector, please refer to the Hint Installation and Administration Guide. For more information on using Hint, please refer to the Hint User Guide.
Last modified: 2021-07-13 14:14:22