Installing a Language Pack
Sugar currently comes with 26 language packs installed and ready to use by default. If the need arises to install a language pack that is not currently covered by our installation, please follow the instructions below.
Free Language packs are available on www.sugarforge.org, which is the website for developers to post and collaborate on Sugar-related projects.
- Download the desired language pack from SugarForge to your local machine. Please make sure the language pack is compatible with your version and flavor of Sugar. Some language packs may be designed for Community Edition-only and would require significant updates to be compliant with a paid flavor of Sugar.
- Log into Sugar as an administrator
- Go to Admin > Module Loader
- Select and upload the language pack zip file you downloaded in step 1.
- Once the package is uploaded, it should appear in the lower panel of queued packages.
- Click the 'Install' button and confirm its completion.
- Go to Admin > Languages and ensure that your new language is under the 'Enabled Languages' column. Please note that this menu option is not available in Sugar 7.0.
- Log out and log back in with the new language selected.
- Creating an Installable Package for a Logic Hook (100%)
- Module Loader Restriction Workarounds (100%)
- Introduction to the Manifest File
- Sugar on IBM i Installation - Configuration and Tuning Guide
- Module Loader Restrictions for Sugar On-Demand
- Creating an Installable Package That Copies Files
- Installing and Activating the Sugar Lotus Notes Plug-In (100%)
- Creating an Installable Package That Creates New Fields
- Rerunning the Sugar Installer
- Downloading and Installing Sugar Plug-ins
- Installing Sugar with an Oracle Database
- Troubleshooting Outlook Plug-In Installation Error 2869
- Troubleshooting Installing Sugar Plug-In for Word
- Troubleshooting PDF Values With Non-English Language
- Troubleshooting Home Page Tabs Language