Sugar provides a simple way to allow visitors to your website or other online locations to become leads in your Sugar instance. You can generate a web-to-lead form in Sugar and place the form on an external website. When a visitor to your site completes and submits the form, their information is entered into Sugar as a new lead record. You can use this lead information to generate more opportunities for your organization.
Creating Web-To-Lead Forms
The Sugar Campaigns module contains a lead form wizard to assist in generating a custom web-to-lead form. Use the following steps to create a web-to-lead form via the Campaigns module:
- Click the triangle in the Campaigns module tab and select "Create Lead Form".
- Click and drag the desired fields from the Available Fields list to the Lead Form (First Column) or Lead Form (Second Column) lists.
Note: You can also choose to add all fields to either column by clicking the Add All Fields button.
- All required fields marked with an asterisk must be added to a column on the lead form prior to continuing.
- Once the fields you desire have been moved to the appropriate columns, click the Next button to continue.
- Enter appropriate values for the fields in the next page of the wizard:
Form Header : This will be the title at the top of your form. A generic title has been populated; modify or remove this to suit your needs.
Form Description : This will be a brief description of the form and will show below the form header, but before the form begins. A generic description has been populated; modify or remove this to suit your needs.
Submit Button Label : Enter in the label for the button that will be used to complete the form. Submit is the default; you may change this to say "Sign Up", "Save", "Complete", or any other label to suit your needs.
Post URL : This is the location the form will send the data entered and is defaulted to your instance of Sugar. Select "Edit Post URL" to edit this field.
Note : If you change this location to be anything other than your Sugar instance then a lead will not be generated when the form is completed.
Redirect URL : This is the location your visitors will be directed to after completing the form. You may enter the location of your corporate website, a custom "Thanks for signing up" page, or any URL to suit your needs.
Note : Leaving this field empty will display a message that says: "Thank You For Your Submission".
Related Campaign : Use the Select button to enter an existing campaign that is related to this lead form. Leads generated from this form will automatically be associated to this campaign.
Assigned to : Use the Select button to enter the user to be assigned to the new lead record when the form is submitted. By default, this field is populated with the current user who is generating the form.
Team : Enter the name of the team that is allowed access to the leads generated from this form. To change the primary team, either enter the team name here or select the team. By default the primary team selected will be Global. More than one team can be assigned simultaneously. For more information on teams, please refer to the Team Management documentation.
Form Footer : The form footer displays the text entered here below the form inputs, but before the submit button.
- All required fields are marked with a red asterisk and must be completed prior to continuing.
- Once the necessary information is entered, click "Generate Form".
- Sugar then generates the HTML needed for your form and shows you a preview in a TinyMCE editor. At this point you can continue to add text and images and change the layout of your form.
- For more advanced customization you can click on the HTML button in the top left to access and edit the generated HTML code.
- Once any additional changes have been completed, click "Save Web To Lead Form".
Saving Web-To-Lead Forms
Since your web-to-lead form will be hosted outside of Sugar, you will need to save the generated HTML to a different hosting location. Your generated form will not be saved or accessible through Sugar after leaving this screen. If you need to add or remove fields to your form after generation, you will have to go through the steps to generate a new form.
Use the following steps to save your generated web-to-lead form:
- You may download the generated HTML file by clicking on the Web to Lead Form link.
- This will download the HTML file to your local computer. Simply transfer this file to the final hosting destination.
- Alternatively, you may copy the HTML directly out of the text box on this screen and add it to a preexisting HTML file of your choosing.
- Once the web-to-lead form is accessible to your potential customers, include a link to the form on your corporate website, social media websites, or add as a tracker URL in a campaign. For more information regarding adding tracker URLs to a campaign, please refer to the Campaigns documentation in the Application guide.
Once a web-to-lead form is submitted the data entered in the form becomes a lead record in your instance of Sugar tied to the campaign selected during form generation. Leads can be converted to contacts, accounts, and opportunities. For more information on the Leads module, please refer to the Leads documentation in the Application guide.
The campaign selected during form generation is linked to the created lead via the Campaign field under the More Information panel:
As well as a subpanel called Campaigns:
Leads created from the web-to-lead form can be tracked in the Campaigns status page via the Status Chart:
And the subpanel titled Leads Created:
If the lead that was captured in the web-to-lead form is converted to a contact, this will be shown in the Campaigns status page as well:
For more information regarding the Campaigns status page, please refer to the Viewing Campaign Status section in the Campaigns documentation in the Application guide.
Last modified: 2017-04-20 22:46:42