Use the section below to provide a short description of the tutorial. The section is also used by other pages to provide an abstract of this page. The lead sentence should tell the reader enough about the tutorial to help them decide whether to read on or not.
Sugar currently comes with 26 language packs installed and ready to use by default. If the need arises to install a language pack that is not currently covered by our installation, please follow the instructions below.
Use the section below to describe the goal of the tutorial. You might want to offer prerequisites that must be met before the user begins the task, such as previous tutorials, configuration or product setting requirements.
Free Language packs are available on www.sugarforge.org, which is the website for developers to post and collaborate on Sugar-related projects.
- Download the desired language pack from SugarForge to your local machine. Please make sure the language pack is compatible with your version and flavor of Sugar. Some language packs may be designed for Community Edition-only and would require significant updates to be compliant with a paid flavor of Sugar.
- Log into Sugar as an administrator
- Go to Admin > Module Loader
- Select and upload the language pack zip file you downloaded in step 1.
- Once the package is uploaded, it should appear in the lower panel of queued packages.
- Click the ‘Install’ button and confirm its completion.
- Go to Admin > Languages and ensure that your new language is under the ‘Enabled Languages’ column. Please note that this menu option is not available in Sugar 7.0.
- Log out and log back in with the new language selected.