Configuring Your SMTP Server to Work With On-Demand
A lot of useful functionality (notifications, emails, campaigns, etc.) depends on SugarCRM being configured with an outbound email server (SMTP). Setting up an SMTP server in SugarCRM is as simple as navigating to Admin > Email Settings, choosing "SMTP" as the mail transfer agent, and entering the server information. A fully working setup, however, may require additional configuration on the email server.
Some email service providers restrict access to their servers to a predefined range of IP addresses. This means that the email server will only talk to a certain set of machines. You will need to speak with your system administrator, IT team, or email service provider to find out if access to your email server is restricted. If your email server is restricted please have the following range added:
For instances hosted on the sugarondemand.com domain:
Note: This is the same as 126.96.36.199 with a 255.255.255.0 subnet mask
For instances hosted on the sugaropencloud.eu domain:
Connections from your On-Demand SugarCRM server will be made from IP addresses in this range.
Please be aware, this range of IP addresses may change in the future.
Additional Note: This range of IP addresses only applies for On-Demand SugarCRM instances which are instances hosted on SugarCRM servers.
When encountering this issue, your Sugar log is likely to show the following error message:
[FATAL] SMTP -> ERROR: Failed to connect to server. Code: 111 Reply: Connection refused
A similar message may displayed with the error code of 1.1.0. The cause of both is the same: the outbound email server is not accepting the request coming from Sugar, usually because the server is restricted to accepting requests from only a certain range of IP Addresses. These messages are relayed from your SMTP server back to Sugar and can be viewed in the Sugar logs. For more information, please refer to the article Troubleshooting Outbound Email Using Sugar Logs.
- Obtaining a Copy of Your On-Demand Data (100%)
- Module Loader Restriction Workarounds (100%)
- Module Loader Restrictions for Sugar On-Demand
- Sendmail on Sugar On-Demand
- Associating Emails with Cases in Sugar
- Configuring Your Outbound Email Server (SMTP) to Work With Sugar
- Introduction to Sugar Email Archiving
- Notifying Customers of a New Note on Their Case (100%)
- Enabling Sugar Email Archiving (100%)
- Customizing the Email Editor Buttons (100%)
- Migrating From On-Site to On-Demand (100%)
- Ensuring Your Sugar On-Demand Software is Up-to-Date
- Setting Up a Daily Emailed Report
- Using Single Line Returns in the TinyMCE Text Editor
- Including Email Addresses in Reports
- Testing Outbound Email Using Command Line
- Migrating From On-Demand to On-Site
- Troubleshooting the Inbound Email Scheduler
- Troubleshooting Missing Upload Button on Step 3 of Upgrade Wizard
- Troubleshooting Bounced Campaign Email Processing
- Troubleshooting Email Archived Via Outlook Plug-In Missing Attachments
- Troubleshooting New Lead With Pre-Dated Email
- Troubleshooting Campaign Sending Limits
- Troubleshooting Assignment Notifications
- Troubleshooting Email Notifications With Exchange Server
- Troubleshooting Sending Limits With Google Email
- Troubleshooting Outbound Email Using Sugar Logs